Top Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training
Are you sick and tired of not seeing results after all your time on the treadmill? As Emma Hogan explains on the Les Mills website, research proves that it’s intensity rather than volume that gets results. Keep reading to learn why high-intensity workouts could be just the change you need.
Hogan looked at two studies proving the effectiveness of high-intensity interval training (HIIT). The first compared a group of adults doing regular Les Mills group fitness classes for five hours a week with a group that substituted one of their 60-minute long cardio classes with two strength workouts. The team of researchers found that the latter showed noticeable improvements in lean body mass, glucose tolerance, and maximal oxygen consumption. The same group also enjoyed a significant reduction in cardiovascular disease risk factors.
The second study looked at professional female soccer players. The team substituted their seven hours of training with just four hours while adding a pair of strength workouts. In spite of the decrease in training time, they saw positive changes in body composition and overall fitness levels.
So what’s the takeaway here? Well, it’s evident that our bodies crave some degree of HIIT. By replacing parts of your current workout regimen with just 30 minutes of Les Mills Grit Series twice a week, you can leap over what you thought were your limitations. Again, it’s not necessarily how much you exercise, but what you specifically do. If you’ve wanted to ditch your current, boring treadmill routine with something that’s going to get results, now’s the time to make a change.
Here are some of the programs offered at our fitness studio in Aurora:
- Grit Series – Take your strength, plyometrics, and cardio up a notch with the revolutionary science in this Les Mills workout. Break a sweat in no time thanks to this 30-minute HIIT.
- Body Pump – Get a full-body burn with this 60-minute workout that challenges all of your major muscle groups. You can look forward to squats, presses, lifts, and curls.
- CXWORX – Have you struggled with shedding those pesky pounds in the core? CXWORX focuses on your abs, glutes, back, obliques, and “slings” connecting to the upper and lower body. It’s time to tone that core like you’ve always wanted.
- BodyFlow – This unique program combines yoga, Tai Chi, and Pilates to build flexibility and strength while leaving you feeling calm. For those undergoing a lot of stress, BodyFlow is a must-try. Enjoy controlled breathing, concentration, and a carefully structured series of stretches, moves, and poses to crease a holistic workout that promotes harmony. Bring your yoga mat and give it a shot!
- Zumba – They’ve been around for a handful years of now, but the popularity of Zumba classes remains at an all-time high. Once you try your first class, we’re certain that you’ll be hooked! Get lost while dancing to exotic rhythms set to high-energy Latin and international beats. In a group fitness setting, there isn’t a more fun way to get into shape than with Zumba.
More About Our Fitness Studio
Our team strives to help you get the most out of your personal fitness. At LDT Fitness, there’s no intimidating setting or typical gym mindset. We see ourselves as a family and work to build each other up in our unique environment.
Give us a call today.