Why You Should Try Zumba
If you’ve grown tired of that boring morning run or evening cardio session, then it might be time for a change. Zumba classes not only get your heart pumping, but it also adds some much-needed excitement to your day! Featuring fast, upbeat, and contagious music, Zumba is all about getting the participants in a class moving. In this blog post, we will go over some of the top benefits of Zumba, as explained in this piece from Health Fitness Revolution.
- Burns fat and calories – Zumba classes revolve around interval training, which leads to a significant calorie burn. Keep in mind that the average participant will burn anywhere between 600 and 1,000 calories in this type of class. What exactly makes Zumba such an incredible calorie and fat buster? Well, the classes consist of high-intensity intervals and fitness moves alike. The result is that your energy is maximized for fat-burning benefits.
- Full body workout – Sometimes, we just aren’t in the mood to head to the weights following a rigorous cardio workout. Zumba, on the other hand, is a full-body workout in itself. You’ll engage in head and shoulder rolls that loosen up the neck and warm up the upper body, as well as footwork that strengthens and stretches calves and ankles. Simply put, Zumba touches on just about every muscle and joint for a satisfying full-body workout that you’ll definitely feel at the end.
- It gets you back on a regular exercise routine – The reality is that if you don’t enjoy your workout, you probably won’t be excited to go. Again, though, Zumba is more than just a workout. It’s all about losing yourself in the music and finding yourself in shape at the original dance-fitness party. These classes feature exotic rhythms set to high-energy Latin and international beats. Zumba changes the game of exercise because it’s something you actually look forward to. You may not even notice that you establish your own, well-grounded workout routine in the process.
- Increased confidence/boost in mood – The dancing from Zumba helps lower your inhibitions, improves posture, and leads to better overall coordination. Most importantly, though, the classes help you feel good about yourself. While we all may have different fitness goals, we all share in the notion that we want our workouts to give us that extra level of confidence. Zumba is also the ultimate way to get rid of all that stress accumulated during the day.
- It’s a social environment – With all of our group fitness classes at LDT Fitness, there’s a camaraderie that we appreciate and work hard to maintain. It’s even more emphasized with Zumba because of the nature of the class. We’ve seen many friendships begin right here in our Aurora fitness studio.
Improve Your Personal Fitness Today
LDT Fitness is proud to offer virtual and live group classes in your neighborhood. It’s our belief that everyone who enters our doors should feel like family and be excited about their workout. Whether you choose Zumba or Les Mills programs such as Body Pump, CXWORX, BodyFlow, or GRIT Series, you can feel at ease knowing that positive energy, attitude, and thoughts will guide you toward achieving your specific fitness goals.
Schedule your consultation today or register for a class online.